We have wallpaper in the bedroom!!! Well about four of the fifty million surfaces that need wallpapering have been done but still…..we have WALLPAPER!
In other news I have been doing some sewing and this is my latest make and also my first (I’m hopeful of making a second dress inside the deadline) entry for Sew Dolly Clackett challenge…..
…..I’ve christened it the Ugly Bug Ball dress…..simply because of the Ladybugs in the print, there are also strawberries, cherries and polka dots! When I saw this fabric on Etsy I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it and I’m so pleased it turned out how I imagined. I used the By Hand London Anna bodice again with the same FBA adjustment. In my last two Anna hybrids I had added an inch to the bodice length but with the addition of a waistband it was a little too long so I reduced it this time to a half inch adjustment which I think has worked really well.
As usual Chi was ever so helpful during the whole process…..
…..which involved marking out and pinning box pleats (the first time I’ve done this) I think they’ve turned out quite well even if I do say so myself and it’s definitely a skirt shape that I will make again.
This time around I only lined the bodice and then used bias binding to finish off the skirt seams. Again I think I will use the technique for future dresses as I tried making an Anna with facings and so far it’s still hanging in my sewing room waiting to be hemmed….I’m not loving it…..to the extent that I think I’m going to pull it apart and try and start over! We shall see.
There are so many gorgeous entires for this sew-a-long it’s brilliant and I’m discovering many new sewing blogs to which is fab. I can’t wait to see Roisins wedding dress in all it’s glory next month.